In celebration of summer, we’re kicking off our annual photo contest and we’re hoping to hear from YOU! Do you have beautiful images you’d like to share with our community and the world? Do you want to showcase a visual story about climate change, the environment and community?
Send in an image for your chance to win prizes and recognition within our member community and on the web. Prizes will include gift cards to local DC businesses. The three winners will also get the chance to guest write a blog post, telling the story of their image. It’s a great way to connect with our community and share your perspective on your environment.
Photos should feature the following:
- Environmental themes: Did you help protect our natural resources? Participate in a rally for a carbon price? Get your community involved in a solar project? Start a neighborhood garden? Lobby your legislator environmental justice? Show us how you are working on environmental issues.
- D.C.’s natural beauty: We’re lucky that our city is so full and so close to nature! Showcase yourself with your favorite city/nature hotspot! Tell us in the description how it helps refresh yourself.
- Anything you treasure at risk from climate change: From your favorite bee to your cousin’s nephew, what do you cherish and want to protect from climate change? Show us why it is so important to act on climate change in DC.
Entering our photo contest is free and easy. Simply choose to submit via Instagram or email, following the instructions below. Email email@example.com with the subject line “Photo Contest” with any questions.
- Google form: http://bit.ly/dc-photo-contest
- By email: Send your photo and a description with the subject line “Photo Contest Submission” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Act Fast! The contest is only open until early September (date to be determined soon).
- Follow all instructions under the Rules and Guidelines below.
Winners will be announced by early September and publicized in our communications and social media throughout the rest of summer and fall. Winners will be notified by email. Make sure your email is included when you submit your entry.
Prizes will be awarded to the Grand Prize winner and three finalists. The prizes will be gift cards to local businesses who support carbon pricing and climate action. The Grand Prize is $40 to ANXO Cidery and Pintxos Bar, and the runner-up prizes will receive gift certificates ranging from $18 to $25 to other DC businesses.
*By entering the Photo Contest, you are agreeing to the rules and guidelines of the Photo Contest (below).
- To be eligible to enter, you must be 18 years or older.
- Limit five submissions per member.
- Each participant in the Photo Contest (each a “Participant”) is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to submit.
- Submit large, high resolution images in color or black and white.
- Only original photos taken by the person or featuring the person submitting are eligible; others will be disqualified.
- Only digital entries are eligible and must be submitted electronically. You may submit scans of slides or paper prints.
By sharing your photograph with “Put A Price On It, D.C.” (“The Coalition”), you agree to the following:
- If the photo(s) you share with this group is of someone other than you or something not on your or public property, you have obtained permission and/or have the ability and authority to submit such photo(s) for display on DC EcoWomen’s website as described above, and you agree that the images do not infringe on any third party’s rights.
- No payment will be made to you for The Coalition’s display of the photos taken of or submitted by you.
- If your photo is selected as a finalist, you hereby grant The Coalition permission to display the photograph you submit along with your name in promotions of the Photo Contest on the The Coalition website, other publications, Facebook updates, Twitter content, and in member emails.
- By entering the Photo Contest, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Coalition, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, attorneys, agents and representatives, from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right. The Photo Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- The Coalition is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the photo competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the photo competition, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. The Coalition assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Coalition is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, servers, providers, computer on-line systems, software, or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or uploading images or information in the photo contest.
- If, for any reason, the photo competition is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to, any reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of The Coalition that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the photo competition, The Coalition reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the photo competition.